FIRST, TRY TO CONTACT YOUR AGENT TO HAVE THEM REPORT YOUR LOSS/CLAIM
There are many benefits of reporting your claim through your agent on the TWIA Agents' portal. Some of the advantages are:
- A TWIA claim is created immediately.
- The claim is simultaneously made ready for assignment to an adjusting firm.
- A valid policy is confirmed for the date of loss.
- A claim number is created and displayed for the agent and policy holder to track the claim.
Other information you should know:
- If your TWIA policy on the damaged property was in force at the time of the loss, TWIA will assign your claim to an adjuster for investigation.
- TWIA will mail you a copy of the Claim Notice Acknowledgment and Assignment, which will identify the adjusting firm handling your claim.
- The adjuster will contact you for an appointment to inspect your property.
- Please make reasonable and necessary temporary repairs ONLY to protect the property from further damage. "Temporary" means something that can be reasonably removed for inspection. It cannot be repairs that will prevent the adjuster from seeing the reported damage.
- Take photos of the damage prior to making any temporary repairs. Keep documentation of these repairs. Give the photos and documentation to the adjuster.
- Please review the "Important Notice for Insureds" which is attached to your policy.
Policyholders may submit their claim when unable to reach their agent by calling:
- 1-800-788-8247 to report the loss/claim by phone, directly to TWIA.
Note: The Toll-free number to report a loss is available 24 hours a day for claims that result from a current storm event. If there is not a current storm event, a loss may be reported during normal business hours:
- Monday through Thursday from 7:30am to 5:00pm, and
- Friday from 7:30am to 4:00pm.