REPORT A CLAIM
If your property has been damaged by wind or hail, for fastest service please call 800-788-8247 and follow prompts to report your claim as soon as possible. Once we are aware of your claim we will assign an adjuster who will contact you as quickly as possible. If necessary, please make any minor repairs to protect your property from further loss and keep receipts for any work. Please do not begin making permanent repairs until a TWIA assigned adjuster has contacted you and inspected your property. Once you have reported the loss you may be assured we will process your claim as quickly as possible.
TWIA offers a Policyholder Portal that provides our policyholders direct access to information about their claims. You can get claim information such as loss payments issued, replacement depreciation holdbacks, and contact information for your adjuster and agent. To register for and use this portal, be sure to have your policy number and claim number handy.
Policyholder User Guide
Follow these links to information for adjusters about TWIA claims processing.
The Agents section of this website is designed to help agents conduct business with TWIA.
When a storm is impending or recent, click the "Agent Alerts" button below for the latest updates from TWIA.
Use the "Agent Login" button to enter the Agent Portal, where agents can quote TWIA coverages, submit policy applications, or file TWIA claims on behalf of their clients.
The Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) was established by legislative mandate to provide wind and hail insurance for Texas Gulf Coast property owners in the event of catastrophic loss. We provide "basic" coverage unavailable in traditional markets for consumers who might otherwise be left uninsured.
News & Upcoming Events
- A meeting of the Voluntary Coastal Wind Insurance Portal Workgroup is scheduled for Monday, April 14, 2014 at 10:00a.m. at 5700 South MoPac, Building A, Austin, TX 78749. Please click here for the agenda. Please click here to follow the meeting via audio link. (Note: Silverlight installation required.)
- New: A meeting of the TWIA Actuarial/Underwriting Committee is scheduled for Monday, April 21, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. at 5700 South MoPac, Building A, Austin, TX 78749. Please click here for the agenda. Please click here to follow the meeting via audio link. (Note: Silverlight installation required.)
- New: A meeting of the TWIA Depopulation Committee is scheduled for Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. at 5700 South MoPac, Building A, Austin, TX 78749. Please click here for the agenda. Please click here to follow the meeting via audio link. (Note: Silverlight installation required.)
- Request for Qualified Engineers
- TWIA Disavows Culture of Racism
TWIA Releases Newly Discovered Potentially Offensive Emails to Litigator Steve Mostyn.
- TWIA Clearinghouse Feasibility Study
- SB1702 eQuote Agent Bulletin
- TWIA Annual Report Card - June 1, 2013
- Residential / Commercial Adjuster Certification
- TWIA Claims Key Performance Indicators - January 2014
- TWIA Board of Directors' Biennial Report - December 2012
- TWIA Customer Care Survey - Claims
- TWIA Customer Care Survey - Policies
- Information Regarding the Public Information Act